Equipping Believers to Serve as Local Missionizers
The Significance of Missional Training
The terms “missional” and “missionality” may be new to you. We have all talked about the “mission” of the church and “missions” as the activity of those who are “missionaries” to a different people or place. So what is “missional”?
The term “missional” is to “missionary” what “adversarial” is to “adversary.” When an adversary begins to act out his intentions, he is being “adversarial” - the adjective form that denotes “pertaining to or characterized by antagonism and conflict.” When a missionary is involved in the activities of his mission we say he is being “missional” – the adjective form that denotes “pertaining to or characterized by missionary behaviors.” The ending “ity” on a word indicates the “quality of.” So missionality is acting with the quality of being missionary.
Today most Christians have not been trained to either think like a missionary or to act like one.
If we are going to the world, Christians will need to be trained to become missionizers in their cultural neighborhoods, communities, and living spaces. Missional International provides access to missional training both onsite and online.
Online Missional eTraining
Missional eTraining for community missionizers online. These online non-credit courses provide missionality training to equip Christian believers in the mission of God, leadership roles, missional sentness, and lifework areas. Strengths Basic training enables Christians to better understand their missional strengths.
- Mission Dei: Joining God at work in his mission
- Leadership roles from Ephesians 4
- Missional sentness
- Lifework care areas
- Missional Strengths
Onsite Missional Training
Training for community missionaries onsite. These workshops, seminars and seminar series provide training for community missionizers and for those who work with them. Workshops cover a wide range of topics:
- Missional Theology Workshops
- Creative Cultures Workshops
- Cultural Research Workshops
- Cultural Understanding Workshops
- Intercultural Relationship Workshops
- Missional Artisan Workshops
- Missional Discipleship Workshops
- Missional Evaluation Workshops
- Missional Evangelism Workshops
- Missional Leadership Workshops
- Missional Ministry Workshops
- Missional Worship Workshops
To schedule a workshop for your church or ministry, please complete the contact information form.
Online Missional Education through the Missional University
The Missional University is a consortium of schools that train the grassroots missional leaders of today and tomorrow. Missional University offers courses, certificates, and degree programs in specific areas need for the worldwide missional task.
- The Missional College
- School of Missional Practice
- School of Community Ministry
- School of Justice Mission
- School of Creative Expression
- School of Ecological Mission
- School of Theological Studies
- School of Experiential Learning